LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - University of Wisconsin-La Crosse presented the family of Neala Frye with an honorary degree on Sunday.
Frye passed away from hypothermia this past February in Onalaska. The La Crosse County medical examiner said alcohol contributed to her death. Frye would have been a senior.
Friends created the Neala Frye Scholarship for marketing students in her honor.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017