LA CROSSE, Wis. - UW-La Crosse coaches trade in their playbooks for cookbooks.
They spent the night as Grill Warriors at HuHot in Valley View Mall for the first ever Coaches vs. Cancer event. It's a fundraiser for the university's Relay for Life.
A portion of the restaurant's profits, along with the tips in the grilling jar and a number of fundraisers in the dining hall will benefit cancer research.
One of the coaches says not only is it supporting a great cause, but its a chance to be a role model for their players. "At UW-L, we try to create champions in sport and in academics and in life, so this is a great opportunity for us as coaches to set the example for our athletes and be a good promotion of what we preach everyday in our practices," said UW-L Men's Track Coach Josh Buchholtz.
Organizers hope to make the fundraiser a yearly tradition.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies