LA CROSSE, Wis. - UW-La Crosse coaches trade in their playbooks for cookbooks.
They spent the night as Grill Warriors at HuHot in Valley View Mall for the first ever Coaches vs. Cancer event. It's a fundraiser for the university's Relay for Life.
A portion of the restaurant's profits, along with the tips in the grilling jar and a number of fundraisers in the dining hall will benefit cancer research.
One of the coaches says not only is it supporting a great cause, but its a chance to be a role model for their players. "At UW-L, we try to create champions in sport and in academics and in life, so this is a great opportunity for us as coaches to set the example for our athletes and be a good promotion of what we preach everyday in our practices," said UW-L Men's Track Coach Josh Buchholtz.
Organizers hope to make the fundraiser a yearly tradition.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing