LA CROSSE, Wis. - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's budget proposal adds an additional 181-million dollars for the UW System.
The money was a popular topic of conversation at an open forum Thursday on the UW-L campus.
Chancellor Joe Gow says overall it was a positive budget. He says after the last two budgets had significant cuts to the UW System, this budget has what he calls a modest increase.19033720
It also did not include the 5.5% tuition cap from past budgets, meaning it will be up to the Regents to decide any increase.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure