LA CROSSE, Wis. - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's budget proposal adds an additional 181-million dollars for the UW System.
The money was a popular topic of conversation at an open forum Thursday on the UW-L campus.
Chancellor Joe Gow says overall it was a positive budget. He says after the last two budgets had significant cuts to the UW System, this budget has what he calls a modest increase.19033720
It also did not include the 5.5% tuition cap from past budgets, meaning it will be up to the Regents to decide any increase.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge