MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old high school football player being recruited by the University of Wisconsin has been charged with third-degree sexual assault.
Dominic D. Cizauskas allegedly sexually assaulted a female student in a UW residence hall dorm room last December.
Cizauskas was visiting the university for a couple of days and started texting the woman, who he had gone to high school with and had previous consensual sexual contact with, according to a criminal complaint. Since she had started school in the fall, she and Cizauskas had exchanged flirtatious texts where he had mentioned sex.
Cizauskas is a Mukwonago High School senior linebacker and gave the Badgers a non-binding commitment to their 2014 freshman class in June. He was scheduled to sign a national letter of intent last month, but he was not listed among UW's 25 players signing letters. He was named the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association defensive player of the year.
The woman tried to convince Cizauskas not to visit her when he was visiting campus in December, but he showed up at her dorm room after midnight, according to the complaint. The woman said she could smell alcohol on his breath, and Cizauskas told her he had consumed 10 shots in 30 minutes.
Cizauskas then sexually assaulted her twice, according to the complaint. She told police she "tried to push him off of me, but he is a 200-pound football player."
The woman confronted Cizauskas via text message about sexually assaulting her, and he said she had agreed to have sex with him, according to the release.
A judge set Cizauskas bond at $500 Monday, and ordered him not to have any contact with the woman, not to drink alcohol and not to be on the UW campus.
If convicted, Cizauskas faces up to a $25,000 fine, 10 years in prison, or both.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death