MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Board of Regents for the University of Wisconsin System is looking for a new student representative to replace an outgoing student.
The Board of Regents establishes policies and rules for governing the UW System. The board also deals with budget issues and admission standards.
Student applicants must be at least 18 years old, enrolled at least half-time in a UW school and in good academic standing. They also must be Wisconsin residents and enrolled for the entire two-year term.
Applications can be downloaded at http://1.usa.gov/VQQ2i5 . Completed applications must be submitted to Gov. Scott Walker's office by mail or email by Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Because UW-Madison and UW-Parkside have each been represented on the board recently, applications will not be accepted from either institution.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.