MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Board of Regents for the University of Wisconsin System is looking for a new student representative to replace an outgoing student.
The Board of Regents establishes policies and rules for governing the UW System. The board also deals with budget issues and admission standards.
Student applicants must be at least 18 years old, enrolled at least half-time in a UW school and in good academic standing. They also must be Wisconsin residents and enrolled for the entire two-year term.
Applications can be downloaded at http://1.usa.gov/VQQ2i5 . Completed applications must be submitted to Gov. Scott Walker's office by mail or email by Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Because UW-Madison and UW-Parkside have each been represented on the board recently, applications will not be accepted from either institution.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building