MILWAUKEE (AP) - U.S. Rep. Sean Duffy has fended off a Republican primary challenge from a real estate broker.
Duffy defeated 46-year-old Don Raihala of Superior on Tuesday. Raihala ran as a Democrat for the seat in 2010, the year Duffy was first elected.
The 42-year-old Duffy is a former professional lumberjack and reality television star who appeared on MTV's "The Real World." He served as district attorney in Ashland County before his election to Congress.
Duffy made news last year when a stranger screamed at and grabbed him as the congressman walked to the Capitol to vote on legislation. The confrontation happened during a partial federal government shutdown.
The shutdown resulted in part from conflict over the federal health care overhaul, which Duffy strongly opposed.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp