FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) -- Fond du Lac police have announced the arrest of the husband of a woman found dead in her home.
Officers went to the home Tuesday evening to check on the woman's welfare because she had not been seen for a couple days. Police found the body of 33-year-old Nicole Anderson, who had suffered a gunshot wound.
Police say they were notified late Wednesday morning that 35-year-old Jason E. Anderson had been arrested in another state.
Police aren't saying where. But they say investigators have been working closely with other law enforcement agencies and will be en route to interview Anderson. They say no other details are being released for now. They say more information will be provided as it becomes available through the course of the investigation.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US