TOWN of PLEASANT VALLEY, Wis. - The Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office has released the names of the victims in Tuesday morning's two-vehicle fatal crash on Highway 93 in the Town of Pleasant Valley.
The sheriff's office said 9-year-old Zayvier Barnes of Eau Claire died at a local hospital from injuries sustained from the crash.
On Tuesday, Tyler J. Simenson of Eleva was driving a 1994 red Pontiac Sunbird northbound on Highway 93. The sheriff's office said Simenson lost control of his vehicle, causing it to enter the southbound lane and was struck by a southbound vehicle.
The southbound vehicle, a gray 2009 Toyota Corolla, was driven by Graham M. Barnes of Eau Claire. Passengers in the Toyota were Barnes' three young children: Zayvier, 9, Eylsea, 7, and Owynn, 2. They were all transported to an area hospital for injuries received from the crash. Zayvier later died at the hospital.
Simenson was taken to an area hospital for injuries received from the crash. He was cited for driving too fast for conditions. The sheriff's office continues to investigate the crash and once the investigation is complete the reports will be sent to the District Attorney's Office for review.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering