TOWN of PLEASANT VALLEY, Wis. - The Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office has released the names of the victims in Tuesday morning's two-vehicle fatal crash on Highway 93 in the Town of Pleasant Valley.
The sheriff's office said 9-year-old Zayvier Barnes of Eau Claire died at a local hospital from injuries sustained from the crash.
On Tuesday, Tyler J. Simenson of Eleva was driving a 1994 red Pontiac Sunbird northbound on Highway 93. The sheriff's office said Simenson lost control of his vehicle, causing it to enter the southbound lane and was struck by a southbound vehicle.
The southbound vehicle, a gray 2009 Toyota Corolla, was driven by Graham M. Barnes of Eau Claire. Passengers in the Toyota were Barnes' three young children: Zayvier, 9, Eylsea, 7, and Owynn, 2. They were all transported to an area hospital for injuries received from the crash. Zayvier later died at the hospital.
Simenson was taken to an area hospital for injuries received from the crash. He was cited for driving too fast for conditions. The sheriff's office continues to investigate the crash and once the investigation is complete the reports will be sent to the District Attorney's Office for review.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests