MADISON, Wis. -- Complaints have been filed against three state senators targeted for recalls.
The complaints filed Tuesday by the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign target campaign finance reports filed by Republican Sens. Randy Hopper of Fond du Lac and Dan Kapanke La Crosse and Democratic Sen. Dave Hansen of Green Bay.
The complaints allege that the senators failed to disclose required information about the occupation and employer of people who donated to their campaigns. The donations total more than $50,000 collectively.
A spokeswoman for the Democratic Party says Hansen's report was going to be updated later Tuesday. A GOP spokeswoman says both Kapanke and Hopper tried to collect the information from donors, but were unable to.
A Kapanke spokesperson tells News 8 they were not able to collect the information from 12 out of 677 donors to their campaign. They say the campaign made every effort, as required by law, to get the information.103778
The 12 donors gave about $6,100 to the Kapanke campaign.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks