MADISON, Wis. -- Complaints have been filed against three state senators targeted for recalls.
The complaints filed Tuesday by the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign target campaign finance reports filed by Republican Sens. Randy Hopper of Fond du Lac and Dan Kapanke La Crosse and Democratic Sen. Dave Hansen of Green Bay.
The complaints allege that the senators failed to disclose required information about the occupation and employer of people who donated to their campaigns. The donations total more than $50,000 collectively.
A spokeswoman for the Democratic Party says Hansen's report was going to be updated later Tuesday. A GOP spokeswoman says both Kapanke and Hopper tried to collect the information from donors, but were unable to.
A Kapanke spokesperson tells News 8 they were not able to collect the information from 12 out of 677 donors to their campaign. They say the campaign made every effort, as required by law, to get the information.103778
The 12 donors gave about $6,100 to the Kapanke campaign.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture