MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin state Senate has passed a bill that would make unwanted text messages sent to cellphones from solicitors prohibited activity under Wisconsin's do not call list.
The measure passed on a voice vote Tuesday would expand the state's do not call list to include text messages. Currently the list bars audio calls from solicitors if a person has signed up to block them from their land line or cellular phone.
The popular list bars most solicitors, but does not prevent nonprofits from making calls or companies responding to requests for information or to current clients.
The bill now heads to the Assembly.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore