MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin state Senate has passed a bill that would make unwanted text messages sent to cellphones from solicitors prohibited activity under Wisconsin's do not call list.
The measure passed on a voice vote Tuesday would expand the state's do not call list to include text messages. Currently the list bars audio calls from solicitors if a person has signed up to block them from their land line or cellular phone.
The popular list bars most solicitors, but does not prevent nonprofits from making calls or companies responding to requests for information or to current clients.
The bill now heads to the Assembly.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure