LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps are practicing in Onalaska and La Crosse this weekend and next week to prepare for the start of their 2014 season and DCI La Crosse show on July 15.
This year marks the Blue Stars' 50th anniversary.
Here's where you can see the Blue Stars practice and perform their 2014 show, "Where the Heart Is" this weekend and early next week:
Friday, June 13 – Rehearsal at Onalaska School District fields near the Omni Center
Sunday, June 15 – Running with the Stars 5K Run/Walk held in Myrick Park in La Crosse—Blue Star members will play along the route during the race. After the event, the Blue Stars will give a standstill performance of their 2014 show.
Monday, June 16 – Rehearsal at Onalaska School District fields near the Omni Center
Tuesday, June 17 – Rehearsal at UW-La Crosse
Wednesday, June 18 – Rehearsal at UW-La Crosse; performance before the La Crosse Loggers game
Thursday, June 19 – Rehearsal during the day and Preview concert at Veterans Memorial Stadium at UW-La Crosse. The free concert will begin at 7 p.m. and is open to the public. The Blue Stars ask that you bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the La Crosse Hunger Task Force.
The Blue Stars will also perform at the 2014 Grand Permier and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday, June 14. This year's Hall of Fame Inductees are Dawn Christianson of La Crosse, Charlie Cullen of Pennsylvania, Bradley Furlano (Executive Director of the Blue Stars) of La Crosse, and Colin Klos of La Crosse.
The Blue Stars will be back in the La Crosse area in mid-July for their home show. DCI La Crosse is scheduled for Saturday, July 12 at Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex at UW-La Crosse. Blue Stars Executive Director Brad Furlano said he anticipate an audience of more than 4,000; more than 1,800 performers; and another 700 staff, volunteers and support personnel. The Blue Stars 50th Anniversary Alumni Corps will also perform as part of the event.
For more information, visit BlueStars.org.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests