MENOMINEE, Mich. (AP) - A western Upper Peninsula man is jailed after authorities found several explosive devices in a Menominee apartment building.
Menominee County prosecutor Dan Hass tells the Eagle-Herald of Marinette, Wis., that the 51-year-old man could be charged Saturday and arraigned as early as Monday.
At least five devices were found by police Friday afternoon after a search of the man's apartment. Neighbors in the 8-unit building were notified, but an evacuation was not ordered.
A bomb squad was called in late Friday night.
Police were notified Thursday of threats apparently made to the man's wife.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016