LONE ROCK, Wis. (WKBT) - The death of a Richland County man is under investigation by Richland County authorities, and the Wisconsin State Crime Lab.
According to a news release from the Richland County Sheriff's Department, the body of 53 year old Richard M. Calandra of Lone Rock was found in a snowbank early Tuesday morning, on the main street of Lone Rock.
Deputies noted unusual circumstances, and contacted the state crime lab. The Richland County Sheriff says the the case is unusual, not suspicious, and adds there isn't any danger to the public related to this case. He also says it's too early to comment on what caused Calandra's death.
An autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse