LONE ROCK, Wis. (WKBT) - The death of a Richland County man is under investigation by Richland County authorities, and the Wisconsin State Crime Lab.
According to a news release from the Richland County Sheriff's Department, the body of 53 year old Richard M. Calandra of Lone Rock was found in a snowbank early Tuesday morning, on the main street of Lone Rock.
Deputies noted unusual circumstances, and contacted the state crime lab. The Richland County Sheriff says the the case is unusual, not suspicious, and adds there isn't any danger to the public related to this case. He also says it's too early to comment on what caused Calandra's death.
An autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death