LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Great Rivers United Way is just short of its goal of $2,050,000. They are still looking to raise the last $160,000.
There's a perfect opportunity for you to help out. It's called the "Give a Little Extra" challenge and it runs through January 31st.
Some anonymous area donors have agreed to help the United Way reach its goal. "We've got five individuals, five anonymous individuals who stepped up and are putting forth a challenge grant.. They will donate $50,000 if we can raise an additional $50,000. So obviously that would go a long way in closing that gap," said campaign co-chair Mark Glendenning.
All of the money donated and matched during this callenge will stay local to help community-based programs in a five county region.
You can make a donation at www.gruw.org or by calling 608-796-1400.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking