LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Great Rivers United Way is just short of its goal of $2,050,000. They are still looking to raise the last $160,000.
There's a perfect opportunity for you to help out. It's called the "Give a Little Extra" challenge and it runs through January 31st.
Some anonymous area donors have agreed to help the United Way reach its goal. "We've got five individuals, five anonymous individuals who stepped up and are putting forth a challenge grant.. They will donate $50,000 if we can raise an additional $50,000. So obviously that would go a long way in closing that gap," said campaign co-chair Mark Glendenning.
All of the money donated and matched during this callenge will stay local to help community-based programs in a five county region.
You can make a donation at www.gruw.org or by calling 608-796-1400.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest