LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A construction trailer became unhitched and crashed into the side of a La Crosse restaurant Monday morning.
North Country Steak Buffett co-owner Tom O'Brien told News 8 he and one of this managers was sitting in the restaurant at about 11:20 a.m. when all of a sudden there was a big crash.
"It was like the wall exploded," O'Brien said.
They were sitting about 20 feet away from the window on the building's south side. No one was sitting at the window booth when the crash happened.
"It was a blessing that nobody got hurt," O'Brien said.
The cost of the damage is not known at this time.
The crash caused the North Country Steak Buffet to close on Monday. The restaurant is expected to reopen on Tuesday.
La Crosse police cited an individual for towing with improper safety chains. The citation was $114.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration