LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A construction trailer became unhitched and crashed into the side of a La Crosse restaurant Monday morning.
North Country Steak Buffett co-owner Tom O'Brien told News 8 he and one of this managers was sitting in the restaurant at about 11:20 a.m. when all of a sudden there was a big crash.
"It was like the wall exploded," O'Brien said.
They were sitting about 20 feet away from the window on the building's south side. No one was sitting at the window booth when the crash happened.
"It was a blessing that nobody got hurt," O'Brien said.
The cost of the damage is not known at this time.
The crash caused the North Country Steak Buffet to close on Monday. The restaurant is expected to reopen on Tuesday.
La Crosse police cited an individual for towing with improper safety chains. The citation was $114.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls