LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A construction trailer became unhitched and crashed into the side of a La Crosse restaurant Monday morning.
North Country Steak Buffett co-owner Tom O'Brien told News 8 he and one of this managers was sitting in the restaurant at about 11:20 a.m. when all of a sudden there was a big crash.
"It was like the wall exploded," O'Brien said.
They were sitting about 20 feet away from the window on the building's south side. No one was sitting at the window booth when the crash happened.
"It was a blessing that nobody got hurt," O'Brien said.
The cost of the damage is not known at this time.
The crash caused the North Country Steak Buffet to close on Monday. The restaurant is expected to reopen on Tuesday.
La Crosse police cited an individual for towing with improper safety chains. The citation was $114.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge