LA CROSSE, Wis. - The U.S. Postal Service raised the price of a first-class forever stamp to 46 cents.
That's up by one penny.
Shipping service rates are also going up by an average of 4-percent.
The changes went into effect on Sunday.
The postal service is also unveiling plans for a new stamp, the First-Class Mail Global Forever Stamp.18303268
The stamp allows people to mail a letter anywhere in the world for $1.10.
For look at all the price changes coming from the U.S. Postal Service, visit http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2012/pr12_114.htm
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation