MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Milwaukee County prosecutor is recommending two years in prison for a former aide to Scott Walker before Walker was elected governor.
A sentencing memo filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court by Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf says Tim Russell used his relationship with Walker to access money intended to benefit military veterans and their families, then spent it on tropical vacations.
The State Journal reports Landgraf says Russell's crime reflects "moral depravity."
The 49-year-old Russell was a top aide to Walker when the governor was Milwaukee County executive. Russell has been convicted to stealing more than $20,000.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled Tuesday in Milwaukee County.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say