MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Milwaukee County prosecutor is recommending two years in prison for a former aide to Scott Walker before Walker was elected governor.
A sentencing memo filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court by Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf says Tim Russell used his relationship with Walker to access money intended to benefit military veterans and their families, then spent it on tropical vacations.
The State Journal reports Landgraf says Russell's crime reflects "moral depravity."
The 49-year-old Russell was a top aide to Walker when the governor was Milwaukee County executive. Russell has been convicted to stealing more than $20,000.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled Tuesday in Milwaukee County.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks