EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Two motorists have died in separate collisions with deer in Wisconsin.
Authorities say a 69-year-old Eau Claire man died when his motorcycle struck a deer south of Eau Claire just after 9:30 p.m. Sunday. James L. Tweet was thrown from his motorcycle and died at the scene on Deerfield Road in the Town of Washington.
The second accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Monday on Interstate 94 near Watertown in Jefferson County. The Wisconsin State Patrol says a car was eastbound in the left lane when a deer crossed its path. The car struck the deer head-on. The deer went onto the hood and smashed through the windshield.
A front-seat passenger died at a local hospital, while the driver was injured. Their names were not immediately released.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget