EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Two motorists have died in separate collisions with deer in Wisconsin.
Authorities say a 69-year-old Eau Claire man died when his motorcycle struck a deer south of Eau Claire just after 9:30 p.m. Sunday. James L. Tweet was thrown from his motorcycle and died at the scene on Deerfield Road in the Town of Washington.
The second accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Monday on Interstate 94 near Watertown in Jefferson County. The Wisconsin State Patrol says a car was eastbound in the left lane when a deer crossed its path. The car struck the deer head-on. The deer went onto the hood and smashed through the windshield.
A front-seat passenger died at a local hospital, while the driver was injured. Their names were not immediately released.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers