LA CROSSE, Wis. - An ongoing drug investigation in La Crosse late last week leads to two men being arrested including one with a long criminal history.
This past Friday night, Jonathan Banazkiewicz, 30, of La Crosse was arrested at 615 Jackson Street.
He has been the target of an ongoing police investigation and has previous drug felonies on his records.
Police say Banazkiewicz ran from them, but was quickly caught and was found to have illegal drugs on him when arrested.19852408
Police also recovered a handgun he allegedly had thrown while trying to escape.
A search warrant at the house led police to John A. Irvin, 49, another subject who was located and arrested for possession of marijuana.
Police say they found various illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
Banazkiewicz appeared in court on Monday and is being held on a $50,000 cash bond.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts