LA CROSSE, Wis. - An ongoing drug investigation in La Crosse late last week leads to two men being arrested including one with a long criminal history.
This past Friday night, Jonathan Banazkiewicz, 30, of La Crosse was arrested at 615 Jackson Street.
He has been the target of an ongoing police investigation and has previous drug felonies on his records.
Police say Banazkiewicz ran from them, but was quickly caught and was found to have illegal drugs on him when arrested.19852408
Police also recovered a handgun he allegedly had thrown while trying to escape.
A search warrant at the house led police to John A. Irvin, 49, another subject who was located and arrested for possession of marijuana.
Police say they found various illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
Banazkiewicz appeared in court on Monday and is being held on a $50,000 cash bond.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales