LA CROSSE, Wis. - An ongoing drug investigation in La Crosse late last week leads to two men being arrested including one with a long criminal history.
This past Friday night, Jonathan Banazkiewicz, 30, of La Crosse was arrested at 615 Jackson Street.
He has been the target of an ongoing police investigation and has previous drug felonies on his records.
Police say Banazkiewicz ran from them, but was quickly caught and was found to have illegal drugs on him when arrested.19852408
Police also recovered a handgun he allegedly had thrown while trying to escape.
A search warrant at the house led police to John A. Irvin, 49, another subject who was located and arrested for possession of marijuana.
Police say they found various illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
Banazkiewicz appeared in court on Monday and is being held on a $50,000 cash bond.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.