MILWAUKEE (AP) - Two Marquette University students continue to improve after they were struck by a car as they walked on campus.
The university said Tuesday that Nicole Gibson and Honnalee Go are being treated at Froedtert Hospital for serious injuries, but are improving.
A Marquette official says Gibson is "stable and healing" while Go is expected to be released from the hospital later this week.
The two 20-year-olds are both sophomore engineering students. They were struck while standing on a sidewalk about 9 a.m. Monday.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the university's Department of Public Safety stopped a vehicle in connection with the accident. A Milwaukee police spokeswoman says the driver was not arrested.
The parents of the two students say they are "grateful for the prayers and support."
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser