LA CROSSE, WI - Two local Red Cross volunteers are headed to Colorado to help flood victims.
Laurie DeFlorian and Shirley Stinson will join a group of volunteers heading down this week.
The group will help flood victims with case work. Many of them are in shelters after losing everything. The volunteers will help them with financial assistance and resources to start the process of getting back on their feet.
The volunteers are about to spend weeks of their time helping others and they say it's worth it. "These people have just experienced probably the worst thing in their lives and as long as I'm able to go, I'm going to go, I just want to go and help," said Laurie DeFlorian.
A number of people are still unaccounted for after the flooding as rescuers struggle to reach victims that are stranded.22034290
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.