TOWN OF SHELBY, Wis. (WKBT) - Two La Crosse men, 18-year-old William McCullough and a 17-year-old, are facing several felony charges after a home invasion and burglary.
Deputies from the La Crosse Co. Sheriff's Department responded to an alarm at a home on Southdale Dr. in the Town of Shelby around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Deputies found the window to the front door of the home broken out. The assistant district attorney on the case says McCullough broke into the home to steal drugs and money and do significant damage to the property.
Authorities said McCullough and the 17-year-old inside the home attempted to escape several times, but ran back inside. Deputies and the K-9 unit went into the home and found the two men hiding in separate areas. Both suspects were bit by the K-9 and arrested.
McCullough was allegedly carrying a sword or machete and told police he would have killed someone if they came home. Police say he punched the K-9 that went in the house.
McCullough and the 17-year-old were found with a significant amount of cash and drugs on them.
The sheriff's department says while the incident is still under investigation, it appears the suspects specifically targeted the residence.
A La Crosse County judge set $10,000 cash bond for both boys on Wednesday afternoon.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run