TOWN OF SHELBY, Wis. (WKBT) - Two La Crosse men, 18-year-old William McCullough and a 17-year-old, are facing several felony charges after a home invasion and burglary.
Deputies from the La Crosse Co. Sheriff's Department responded to an alarm at a home on Southdale Dr. in the Town of Shelby around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Deputies found the window to the front door of the home broken out. The assistant district attorney on the case says McCullough broke into the home to steal drugs and money and do significant damage to the property.
Authorities said McCullough and the 17-year-old inside the home attempted to escape several times, but ran back inside. Deputies and the K-9 unit went into the home and found the two men hiding in separate areas. Both suspects were bit by the K-9 and arrested.
McCullough was allegedly carrying a sword or machete and told police he would have killed someone if they came home. Police say he punched the K-9 that went in the house.
McCullough and the 17-year-old were found with a significant amount of cash and drugs on them.
The sheriff's department says while the incident is still under investigation, it appears the suspects specifically targeted the residence.
A La Crosse County judge set $10,000 cash bond for both boys on Wednesday afternoon.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US