GENOA, Wis. - Two people riding a motorcycle suffered serious injuries after their bike slid off the road Saturday evening.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. on County Highway K in the township of Genoa.
Jose Manuel Leon, 48, and Jacqueline Helgeson, 44, were injured in the crash. Both are from Stoddard.
Authorities say their motorcycle slid out of control and went into a field, throwing them off the bike as it overturned. Neither was wearing a helmet.19841422
The motorcycle came to rest landing on Helgeson's upper body trapping her under the bike. A passing motorist aided in removing the motorcycle off of her body.
Both riders were transported to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse with serious injuries.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?