GENOA, Wis. - Two people riding a motorcycle suffered serious injuries after their bike slid off the road Saturday evening.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. on County Highway K in the township of Genoa.
Jose Manuel Leon, 48, and Jacqueline Helgeson, 44, were injured in the crash. Both are from Stoddard.
Authorities say their motorcycle slid out of control and went into a field, throwing them off the bike as it overturned. Neither was wearing a helmet.19841422
The motorcycle came to rest landing on Helgeson's upper body trapping her under the bike. A passing motorist aided in removing the motorcycle off of her body.
Both riders were transported to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse with serious injuries.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student