MADISON, Wis. - Madison police searched a west side apartment building for suspects in a shooting late Monday night.
Police were called to the 4700 block of Jenewein Road after a report of shots fired.
Police say two people were injured. One was shot in the incident, while another person was beaten.
Both are alive and talking with officers at the hospital, according to police.
Police said despite the incident, the area around the scene is safe for residents.
"We did find evidence that a firearm was discharged, so we wanted to make sure that all the area residents who may be in the path of that firearm being discharged are safe, and that the suspects weren't in adjacent buildings," said Sgt. Brian Cheney of the Madison Police Department.
Police said the search didn't turn up any suspects, and they're not releasing any more information about the incident.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death