MADISON, Wis. - Madison police searched a west side apartment building for suspects in a shooting late Monday night.
Police were called to the 4700 block of Jenewein Road after a report of shots fired.
Police say two people were injured. One was shot in the incident, while another person was beaten.
Both are alive and talking with officers at the hospital, according to police.
Police said despite the incident, the area around the scene is safe for residents.
"We did find evidence that a firearm was discharged, so we wanted to make sure that all the area residents who may be in the path of that firearm being discharged are safe, and that the suspects weren't in adjacent buildings," said Sgt. Brian Cheney of the Madison Police Department.
Police said the search didn't turn up any suspects, and they're not releasing any more information about the incident.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather