JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - A Beloit man died has after his snowmobile went into open water on Lake Koshkonong, one of at least two snowmobile fatalities in Wisconsin this weekend.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office says 47-year-old Willie A. Guzman died after his snowmobile went into the water early Saturday. His riding companion also went into the lake, but he was able get out and walked to shore to seek help. He told authorities they became disoriented because of darkness and fog.
The Department of Natural Resources says another fatal accident happened Saturday near Mercer in Iron County of northern Wisconsin. One snowmobiler crested a hill on a public trail and landed on top of an oncoming snowmobiler.
The deaths raise the number of snowmobile fatalities in Wisconsin this season to 18.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US