PRESCOTT, Wis. (AP) - Two children have died and three other people have been injured in a collision between a truck and an SUV in Pierce County.
Sheriff's officials say a 11-year-old girl in the vehicle died at the scene of the crash Thursday afternoon in Prescott. Another passenger, a 5-year-old girl, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The driver of the vehicle, a 32-year-old Centuria woman, and two other passengers, ages 5 and 3, were taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn., for treatment of injuries.
Authorities say three people in the box truck were not injured. The crash happened about 3:40 p.m. on Highway 35.
Sheriff Nancy Hove said Friday road conditions were not a factor in the crash. Hove says the driver is the mother of two of the children. The other two are relatives.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game