PRESCOTT, Wis. (AP) - Two children have died and three other people have been injured in a collision between a truck and an SUV in Pierce County.
Sheriff's officials say a 11-year-old girl in the vehicle died at the scene of the crash Thursday afternoon in Prescott. Another passenger, a 5-year-old girl, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The driver of the vehicle, a 32-year-old Centuria woman, and two other passengers, ages 5 and 3, were taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn., for treatment of injuries.
Authorities say three people in the box truck were not injured. The crash happened about 3:40 p.m. on Highway 35.
Sheriff Nancy Hove said Friday road conditions were not a factor in the crash. Hove says the driver is the mother of two of the children. The other two are relatives.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016