MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two $1 million lottery winners in Wisconsin have claimed their prizes.
The winners were in central Wisconsin and southeastern Wisconsin.
Kathryn McGowan, of Wausau, bought a $1 million Powerball ticket on Dec. 19 in Rib Mountain. Wisconsin lottery officials say she received $672,500 in a lump sum payment after taxes.
David Landgraf, of Milwaukee, won a Dec. 18 Mega Millions drawing. He received the same lump sum payment.
McGowan tells WAOW-TV she played her family's birthday numbers and she was surprised she won after playing for a long time.
The two stores that sold the winning tickets will receive a $20,000 commission from the Wisconsin Lottery.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government