MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two $1 million lottery winners in Wisconsin have claimed their prizes.
The winners were in central Wisconsin and southeastern Wisconsin.
Kathryn McGowan, of Wausau, bought a $1 million Powerball ticket on Dec. 19 in Rib Mountain. Wisconsin lottery officials say she received $672,500 in a lump sum payment after taxes.
David Landgraf, of Milwaukee, won a Dec. 18 Mega Millions drawing. He received the same lump sum payment.
McGowan tells WAOW-TV she played her family's birthday numbers and she was surprised she won after playing for a long time.
The two stores that sold the winning tickets will receive a $20,000 commission from the Wisconsin Lottery.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death