LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Twitter temporarily shut down its TweetDeck services due to a security issue Wednesday morning.
While using TweetDeck, our News 8 Twitter account (@news8news) all of a sudden retweeted a message that had code in it from *andy (@derGeruhn). We immediately removed the retweet.
The original post from *andy was retweeted more than 39, 000 times and had been favorited 2,900 times before TweetDeck shut down to fix the security issue.
Here are the messages TweetDeck (@TweetDeck) sent out to alert its users:
At about 1 p.m.: "We've verified our security fix and have turned TweetDeck services back on for all users. Sorry for any inconvenience."
At about 11 a.m.: "We've temporarily taken TweetDeck services down to assess today's earlier security issue. We'll update when services are back up."
If you're a TweetDeck user, we recommend changing your password.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota