LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Twitter temporarily shut down its TweetDeck services due to a security issue Wednesday morning.
While using TweetDeck, our News 8 Twitter account (@news8news) all of a sudden retweeted a message that had code in it from *andy (@derGeruhn). We immediately removed the retweet.
The original post from *andy was retweeted more than 39, 000 times and had been favorited 2,900 times before TweetDeck shut down to fix the security issue.
Here are the messages TweetDeck (@TweetDeck) sent out to alert its users:
At about 1 p.m.: "We've verified our security fix and have turned TweetDeck services back on for all users. Sorry for any inconvenience."
At about 11 a.m.: "We've temporarily taken TweetDeck services down to assess today's earlier security issue. We'll update when services are back up."
If you're a TweetDeck user, we recommend changing your password.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing