SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) -- - Maybe this turkey was trying to launch a pre-emptive strike before Thanksgiving.
Utility officials say a turkey flew into a power line in Sheboygan County on Saturday morning. A Sheboygan Press report says the contact knocked out power for about 1,500 people.
We Energies spokeswoman Cathy Schulze says the outage was reported just before 8 a.m. She says power was restored to all but a handful of homes and businesses within an hour.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather