SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) -- - Maybe this turkey was trying to launch a pre-emptive strike before Thanksgiving.
Utility officials say a turkey flew into a power line in Sheboygan County on Saturday morning. A Sheboygan Press report says the contact knocked out power for about 1,500 people.
We Energies spokeswoman Cathy Schulze says the outage was reported just before 8 a.m. She says power was restored to all but a handful of homes and businesses within an hour.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest