LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There's no swim suit competition in this beauty contest.
Some of the nation's best big rigs are in La Crosse Friday and Saturday,competing in Overdrive's Pride and Polish Truck Beauty Competition. There's a live radio broadcast, food, vendors, and in the spirit of the fourth of July, there will be a fireworks display Saturday night. The competition will end with an awards ceremony, crowning the best in show. But in this contest it's more than just what's under the hood that brings home the title.
"More isn't always better, bigger isn't always better. It's how clean you are, how smooth the truck flows from front to back, the colors from the inside, outside match, all your lights are the same, how clean your living quarters are, and how you present yourself as a driver," said contestant, Joel Dawes.
The big engine beauties hope their looks will win them a trip to the national show in Dallas Texas. The competition runs through Saturday 28.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest