LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There's no swim suit competition in this beauty contest.
Some of the nation's best big rigs are in La Crosse Friday and Saturday,competing in Overdrive's Pride and Polish Truck Beauty Competition. There's a live radio broadcast, food, vendors, and in the spirit of the fourth of July, there will be a fireworks display Saturday night. The competition will end with an awards ceremony, crowning the best in show. But in this contest it's more than just what's under the hood that brings home the title.
"More isn't always better, bigger isn't always better. It's how clean you are, how smooth the truck flows from front to back, the colors from the inside, outside match, all your lights are the same, how clean your living quarters are, and how you present yourself as a driver," said contestant, Joel Dawes.
The big engine beauties hope their looks will win them a trip to the national show in Dallas Texas. The competition runs through Saturday 28.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota