LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Halloween is just a day away and that means trick-or-treating for the kids.
La Crosse police want to remind kids and parents to keep in mind some important safety tips.
Kids should be accompanied by an adult even when they get a little older. Trick-or-treaters should try and wear light-colored clothing and if possible wear something reflective so they are easier to see in the dark.
Only go to homes where the porch light is on... and try and stay in neighborhoods you are comfortable in. But it's not just trick-or-treaters that need to be careful.22714542
"Drivers should be very alert on Halloween as there will be a lot of kids and we would like them to pay attention to traffic but they get awfully excited so we should be hyper-vigilant to the kids out there on Halloween," said La Crosse Police Officer Lisa Barrix.
Trick-or-treat times on Thursday, October 31, are limited from 4-8 p.m. Homes can leave their porch lights on if they would like trick-or-treaters.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans