LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Halloween is just a day away and that means trick-or-treating for the kids.
La Crosse police want to remind kids and parents to keep in mind some important safety tips.
Kids should be accompanied by an adult even when they get a little older. Trick-or-treaters should try and wear light-colored clothing and if possible wear something reflective so they are easier to see in the dark.
Only go to homes where the porch light is on... and try and stay in neighborhoods you are comfortable in. But it's not just trick-or-treaters that need to be careful.22714542
"Drivers should be very alert on Halloween as there will be a lot of kids and we would like them to pay attention to traffic but they get awfully excited so we should be hyper-vigilant to the kids out there on Halloween," said La Crosse Police Officer Lisa Barrix.
Trick-or-treat times on Thursday, October 31, are limited from 4-8 p.m. Homes can leave their porch lights on if they would like trick-or-treaters.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race