The trial begins for the man accused of strangling a La Crosse woman to death.
Izelia Golatt, 45, faces first-degree intentional homicide charges for the death of Kristen Tabbert Rodgers.
Police say Golatt and Rodgers knew each other and were together the night before Rodgers' body was found in a north side La Crosse parking lot.
They also say drugs will play an integral part in the case.
The trial is expected to last at least a-week and Golatt faces life in prison if convicted.16718710
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death