LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Tri-State Ambulance and Gundersen Medical Communications are taking part in EMS week with a tour of their headquarters.
The week recognizes the thousands of people who work every day to save lives.
Staff held an open house May 20 for the public at their Regional Operation and Command Center. They saw everything from the inside of the ambulances to the Medlink helicopter landing at its base.
The open house is a chance people to get a behind the scenes look at what goes on at the center.
"There's a lot behind the scenes that needs to happen to make sure that ambulance or that first responder group is there when they need them. This kind of shows them all the way through when our dispatch center gets the 911 call, all the way through the ambulance getting dispatched to when they get on scene, and what happens during that time, " said Tom Tornstrom of Tri-State Ambulance.
Emergency Medical Service week runs through this Saturday.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration