JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - No one was injured in a fire that damaged a logging processor off Highway 12 in the Township of Millston in Jackson County Wednesday evening.
When the Black River Falls Fire Department arrived on scene at N2715 Wyman Lake Club Road off Highway 12 at 4:20 p.m., the equipment was fully engulfed in flames.
The operator told firefighters smoke was coming from the engine area and it started on fire. The operator tried to put it with fire extinguishers. The tree cutter was not near any structures and had just been moved out of the woods where it had been cutting trees all day on a logging operation, Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber said.
The cause of the fire is not known at this time. The owner of the equipment from Todd's Tree and Shrub Service in Tomah, said the estimated damage is about $40,000. The cutting head was not damaged in the fire. The equipment was insured.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition