LA CROSSE, Wis. - Trane Company in La Crosse celebrated their 100th anniversary at the La Crosse Center Tuesday.
The company, which started in 1913, makes industrial air conditioning units and employs 1,800 people in La Crosse.
Current and former employees, as well as community members were treated to a luncheon.They wanted to mark an important time for a company that has been a big part of this community.19873542
"Grandparents, parents and their kids that have worked here, grown up with the Trane company," said Brad Tacheny, Trane's general manager. "Everybody is pretty excited about us hitting 100 years, Trane has meant a lot to this community and means a lot to everybody that's worked here, it's like home."
The company has a series of anniversary events scheduled for this month and throughout the rest of the year.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather