LA CROSSE, Wis. - Trane Company in La Crosse celebrated their 100th anniversary at the La Crosse Center Tuesday.
The company, which started in 1913, makes industrial air conditioning units and employs 1,800 people in La Crosse.
Current and former employees, as well as community members were treated to a luncheon.They wanted to mark an important time for a company that has been a big part of this community.19873542
"Grandparents, parents and their kids that have worked here, grown up with the Trane company," said Brad Tacheny, Trane's general manager. "Everybody is pretty excited about us hitting 100 years, Trane has meant a lot to this community and means a lot to everybody that's worked here, it's like home."
The company has a series of anniversary events scheduled for this month and throughout the rest of the year.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?