ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Some road work will delay some drivers in Onalaska for the next three months.
Starting Thursday, April 3, crews will start installing a traffic light at the intersection at Midwest Drive and Theater Road by Goodwill and Mayo Health Systems.
While they work, only one lane will be open in each direction and the west end of Midwest Drive will be open only to the Mayo Clinic Health Systems driveway.
The city says the change is for driver's safety.
"We've been seeing a lot of delay at the intersection and some accidents, so we made a decision to install a traffic signal to control the operation of the intersection," said City of Onalaska Engineer Jarrod Holter.
Along with the traffic signal, protected left turn lanes and a right turn lane onto Midwest Drive from Theater road will be added. Work should be complete by the end of June.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US