MADISON, Wis. - A man is dead after being pinned underneath a tractor in rural Barneveld Saturday.
Iowa County Sheriff's deputies said the 911 Center got a call around 5:30 p.m. that a farm tractor had fallen through a barn floor and that someone was trapped.
It happened at a farm on Mounds View Road in Barneveld.
When rescue crews got to the farm they found Kenneth Powell, 71, pinned beneath the tractor, according to a release.
Med Flight was called and emergency crews pulled Powell out, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families