MADISON, Wis. - A man is dead after being pinned underneath a tractor in rural Barneveld Saturday.
Iowa County Sheriff's deputies said the 911 Center got a call around 5:30 p.m. that a farm tractor had fallen through a barn floor and that someone was trapped.
It happened at a farm on Mounds View Road in Barneveld.
When rescue crews got to the farm they found Kenneth Powell, 71, pinned beneath the tractor, according to a release.
Med Flight was called and emergency crews pulled Powell out, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting