TOWN OF HOLLAND, Wis. (WKBT) - A proposal to approve a high voltage power line in the Holmen area has residents taking a stand.
They voiced their concerns and gave input on the proposed Badger Coulee Transmission Line at a meeting Wednesday in the Town of Holland.
The line would connect the Madison area to Holmen through two routes.
Many of the transmission lines will be located on landowner's properties.
Residents worry the impact could take a toll on their health, environment, and property values.
To help residents understand the process, a group was brought in to help explain the impact the line could have on their area.
"The organization I was with was invited by local land owners to help the businesses and farms and the residents here respond to their opportunity to respond to the possible impacts of the high voltage transmission line option of the Badger Coulee line," said Rob Danielson from the Energy Planning Information Committee.
A spokesperson for the Badger Coulee Line has said in the past they expect the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin will conduct a detailed analysis of the project need and proposed routes.
They've also said there will be plenty of opportunity for public input with the PSC to help understand the potential impact.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial