TOMAH, Wis. - The Tomah VA Medical Center will host a workshop on April 8 to help recover from military sexual trauma.
The day-long event is open to the public and veterans and service members.
Col. Jill Chambers, a motivational speaker and survivor of the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon will be the keynote speaker. Dr. Cindy Keene, a psychologist and military sexual trauma coordinator, will talk about the process of recovery through psychotherapy. Dr. Beth Lindner, psychologist and nurse practitioner, will explain how treatments are used to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from military sexual trauma.
The Tomah VA says people who come to the event will have an opportunity to complete a craft for recovery project.
For more information, contact the Tomah VA Medical Center Mental Health Office at (608) 372-3971 ext. 61631.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals