TOMAH, Wis. - The Tomah VA Medical Center will host a workshop on April 8 to help recover from military sexual trauma.
The day-long event is open to the public and veterans and service members.
Col. Jill Chambers, a motivational speaker and survivor of the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon will be the keynote speaker. Dr. Cindy Keene, a psychologist and military sexual trauma coordinator, will talk about the process of recovery through psychotherapy. Dr. Beth Lindner, psychologist and nurse practitioner, will explain how treatments are used to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from military sexual trauma.
The Tomah VA says people who come to the event will have an opportunity to complete a craft for recovery project.
For more information, contact the Tomah VA Medical Center Mental Health Office at (608) 372-3971 ext. 61631.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death