MADISON, WI (WKBT) - A Tomah man has been sentenced to 37 months in federal prison for being a drug user in possession of a firearm.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice says Shelton Hughes pleaded guilty to this crime on September 3, 2013.
Between March 22 and 23, 2013 Hughes stole and then pawned three firearms in Monroe County. Local law enforcement traced the firearms back to Hughes' activities. He admitted to stealing the firearms, being a drug addict and pawning the guns to pay for drugs.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Discrimination lawsuit against Rochester schools dismissed
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner