RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies say a toddler who was found wandering alone outside in Racine has been taken to a hospital as a precaution.
A WISN-TV report says deputies received a call early Monday from someone who found the boy about 4 a.m. They say the boy was wearing long-sleeved clothes and pants but there was no adult around.
The boy is believed to be 2 to 3 years old. Medics took him to a hospital to make sure he was OK.
Deputies found the boy's mother about 4:45 a.m. and brought her to the hospital. Investigators say the incident appears to be an accident. There was no immediate indication that they would seek criminal charges.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice