RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies say a toddler who was found wandering alone outside in Racine has been taken to a hospital as a precaution.
A WISN-TV report says deputies received a call early Monday from someone who found the boy about 4 a.m. They say the boy was wearing long-sleeved clothes and pants but there was no adult around.
The boy is believed to be 2 to 3 years old. Medics took him to a hospital to make sure he was OK.
Deputies found the boy's mother about 4:45 a.m. and brought her to the hospital. Investigators say the incident appears to be an accident. There was no immediate indication that they would seek criminal charges.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab