ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Every year the Three Rivers Roleo gets a little larger. For the 8th annual competition they will add statewide television coverage.
FS Wisconsin and FS North in Minnesota will bring the sport of log rolling to homes far, far away from Onalaska.
"Bringing log rolling back on TV in one of the most rapid growing tournaments from a prize money and competition level standpoint, it's fantastic," said Three Rivers Roleo organizer Katie Rick.
Rick says the top-ranked male and female in the nation will compete this Saturday. In all seven of the top-eight ranked males will be there including Garrick Birdsong.
"This tournament I'll be ranked 5th. There's a lot of good competition. I've beat many of the guys that will be there so it'll be good."
Competition begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 11 with the professionals. The Three Rivers Roleo takes place at the Great River Landing off of Highway 35 in Onalaska. Parking for the event is available at the bicycle trail parking lot.
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards