ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Every year the Three Rivers Roleo gets a little larger. For the 8th annual competition they will add statewide television coverage.
FS Wisconsin and FS North in Minnesota will bring the sport of log rolling to homes far, far away from Onalaska.
"Bringing log rolling back on TV in one of the most rapid growing tournaments from a prize money and competition level standpoint, it's fantastic," said Three Rivers Roleo organizer Katie Rick.
Rick says the top-ranked male and female in the nation will compete this Saturday. In all seven of the top-eight ranked males will be there including Garrick Birdsong.
"This tournament I'll be ranked 5th. There's a lot of good competition. I've beat many of the guys that will be there so it'll be good."
Competition begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 11 with the professionals. The Three Rivers Roleo takes place at the Great River Landing off of Highway 35 in Onalaska. Parking for the event is available at the bicycle trail parking lot.
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- Kwik Trip expansions plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- Assignment: Education - North Woods International Service Dog
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration transfer oversight of hospitals, Viterbo University
- Kindergartener bags buck under new hunting age law
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls this morning
- 2 Minnesota lawmakers to resign amid misconduct allegations
- Numbers in on opening gun/deer weekend
- Attorney: Accused Minnesota state senator to resign
- Soph standouts on D mark strength for Minnesota's future