TOWN OF PORTLAND, Wis. (WKBT) - Three people are injured, two of them seriously, after a crash in Monroe County Sunday afternoon.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, 59-year-old Joseph Richey of Prophetstown, Illinois, was driving a pickup truck north on Highway 27 when an SUV driving south made a left turn in front of him, leading to a collision between the two vehicles.
Richey was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare in Sparta with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the SUV, 20-year-old Dalton Dempsey of Steuben, and his passenger, 18-year-old Peder Andersen of Viroqua, were taken to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The Cashton Fire Department had to use the "Jaws of Life" to free Andersen from the SUV.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion