TOWN OF PORTLAND, Wis. (WKBT) - Three people are injured, two of them seriously, after a crash in Monroe County Sunday afternoon.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, 59-year-old Joseph Richey of Prophetstown, Illinois, was driving a pickup truck north on Highway 27 when an SUV driving south made a left turn in front of him, leading to a collision between the two vehicles.
Richey was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare in Sparta with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the SUV, 20-year-old Dalton Dempsey of Steuben, and his passenger, 18-year-old Peder Andersen of Viroqua, were taken to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The Cashton Fire Department had to use the "Jaws of Life" to free Andersen from the SUV.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance