RACINE, Wis. (AP) - The Racine Zoo is expecting the arrival of three miniature pigs next month, and zoo officials need your help to name the little porkers.
A Journal Times of Racine report says the Racine Zoological Society is holding a naming contest. Submissions will be accepted through May 8, and the zoo staff will narrow the choices to five finalists.
Public voting will run from May 15-26. The winning piggy names will be announced June 1.
The winner receives a special zoo prize package. You can see pictures of the little guys on the zoo's Facebook page.
Miniature pigs are small pigs, sometimes with colorful spots. They stand 10 to 16 inches tall and are 1 to 2 feet long. They weigh between 20 and 40 pounds.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge