RACINE, Wis. (AP) - The Racine Zoo is expecting the arrival of three miniature pigs next month, and zoo officials need your help to name the little porkers.
A Journal Times of Racine report says the Racine Zoological Society is holding a naming contest. Submissions will be accepted through May 8, and the zoo staff will narrow the choices to five finalists.
Public voting will run from May 15-26. The winning piggy names will be announced June 1.
The winner receives a special zoo prize package. You can see pictures of the little guys on the zoo's Facebook page.
Miniature pigs are small pigs, sometimes with colorful spots. They stand 10 to 16 inches tall and are 1 to 2 feet long. They weigh between 20 and 40 pounds.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US