MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Three recall elections for Democratic state senators have been certified, starting the clock for Republicans to officially declare their candidacies and for the filing of court challenges.
Six Republican senators also face recall elections, all of which will be held in July and August in the largest concerted effort to remove incumbents from office during their terms in Wisconsin history.
The Government Accountability Board certified the recalls for the Democrats on Friday. Candidates wishing to run against them have until June 21 to file with the board. The deadline for candidates running against the six Republicans is Tuesday.
The incumbents do not have to file to run and all of them plan on defending their seats.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles