LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An effort to re-brand a northside La Crosse neighborhood kicks off Wednesday night.
The three-day Uptowne Summit began at the Uptowne Cafe on Caledonia Street with a kick-off event on day one.
The Summit will include a series of workshops to help re-brand and revitalize the "Old Towne North" neighborhood into "Uptowne."
Organizers say they want the re-branding effort to be led by small businesses
and community members, and not just those in the neighborhood.
"Our spot here is a place for the entire city to enjoy, it's not just for this little part of our world," said North La Crosse Business Association President Nick Roush.
Workshops begin at 8 Thursday morning and run until 5 in the afternoon at the Uptowne Cafe.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases