LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An effort to re-brand a northside La Crosse neighborhood kicks off Wednesday night.
The three-day Uptowne Summit began at the Uptowne Cafe on Caledonia Street with a kick-off event on day one.
The Summit will include a series of workshops to help re-brand and revitalize the "Old Towne North" neighborhood into "Uptowne."
Organizers say they want the re-branding effort to be led by small businesses
and community members, and not just those in the neighborhood.
"Our spot here is a place for the entire city to enjoy, it's not just for this little part of our world," said North La Crosse Business Association President Nick Roush.
Workshops begin at 8 Thursday morning and run until 5 in the afternoon at the Uptowne Cafe.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team