MADISON, Wis. (AP) - New television ads for Republican U.S. Senate candidate Tommy Thompson are hitting the air in the wake of polls that show his Democratic challenger Tammy Baldwin gaining momentum in the race.
Thompson on Thursday released his second statewide ad of the general election. In the spot called "Decision," Thompson speaks directly the camera about the differences he sees between himself and Baldwin.
Two polls released Wednesday show Baldwin is either tied or ahead of Thompson by 9 points. She made up ground in recent weeks as she and her supporters have largely dominated the airwaves.
But this week Karl Rove's group launched a nearly $1 million ad buy against Baldwin, Thompson released his new spot and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce also unveiled a new attack ad against Baldwin.16676792
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering