MADISON, Wis. (AP) - New television ads for Republican U.S. Senate candidate Tommy Thompson are hitting the air in the wake of polls that show his Democratic challenger Tammy Baldwin gaining momentum in the race.
Thompson on Thursday released his second statewide ad of the general election. In the spot called "Decision," Thompson speaks directly the camera about the differences he sees between himself and Baldwin.
Two polls released Wednesday show Baldwin is either tied or ahead of Thompson by 9 points. She made up ground in recent weeks as she and her supporters have largely dominated the airwaves.
But this week Karl Rove's group launched a nearly $1 million ad buy against Baldwin, Thompson released his new spot and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce also unveiled a new attack ad against Baldwin.16676792
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser