RACINE, Wis. (AP) - A third child has died from a Racine house fire.
Michael Scott Jr. told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his 7-year-old nephew Michael Scott was pronounced dead Friday.
The boy's sisters, 9-year-old Dayja and 8-year-old Dalijah, died Thursday.
Fire officials say firefighters pulled four unconscious children from a first-floor bedroom about 1 a.m. Thursday.
The uncle says the fourth sibling, 5-year-old Luther Patterson, remains at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and is progressing.
Racine police Sgt. Martin Pavilonis said Friday the preliminary investigation indicates the fire started accidentally.
The fire is believed to have started in a bathroom. The fire is believed to have started in a bathroom.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing