RACINE, Wis. (AP) - A third child has died from a Racine house fire.
Michael Scott Jr. told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his 7-year-old nephew Michael Scott was pronounced dead Friday.
The boy's sisters, 9-year-old Dayja and 8-year-old Dalijah, died Thursday.
Fire officials say firefighters pulled four unconscious children from a first-floor bedroom about 1 a.m. Thursday.
The uncle says the fourth sibling, 5-year-old Luther Patterson, remains at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and is progressing.
Racine police Sgt. Martin Pavilonis said Friday the preliminary investigation indicates the fire started accidentally.
The fire is believed to have started in a bathroom. The fire is believed to have started in a bathroom.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers