LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A residential project in La Crosse that has been in the works for more than 10 years is finally about to open.
The Hive, located on 9th and State St., is a student-focused apartment development which hopes to introduce a style that La Crosse hasn't seen before.
The building offers a wide range of amenities including 24-hour security, first floor businesses, and outdoor facilities.
The apartments come fully furnished for students who want to avoid the hassles of moving.
"We tried to give you a turn-key operation when you move in. We want to take away all the stress of moving trucks. We want to take away the stress of moving things back and forth and just provide you with the things that you need right off the bat," said Jason Alberty from Point West Investments.
The price is comparable to living in the higher-priced dorms at UW-La Crosse.
The Hive is set to have its grand opening on June 1st.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East