LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A residential project in La Crosse that has been in the works for more than 10 years is finally about to open.
The Hive, located on 9th and State St., is a student-focused apartment development which hopes to introduce a style that La Crosse hasn't seen before.
The building offers a wide range of amenities including 24-hour security, first floor businesses, and outdoor facilities.
The apartments come fully furnished for students who want to avoid the hassles of moving.
"We tried to give you a turn-key operation when you move in. We want to take away all the stress of moving trucks. We want to take away the stress of moving things back and forth and just provide you with the things that you need right off the bat," said Jason Alberty from Point West Investments.
The price is comparable to living in the higher-priced dorms at UW-La Crosse.
The Hive is set to have its grand opening on June 1st.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say