LA CROSSE, Wis. - Elementary students get an education in a far east culture.
Exchange students from Thailand are staying with host families in La Crosse. They stopped by North Woods Elementary School Thursday to tell the kids about their country and culture.
They talked about everything from festivals to dance to food and even massages.
They've given about 20 presentations since coming to La Crosse.
One of them says he likes talking with our younger students the best. "Communicating with little children is very nice, they don't speak that complex words and they're pretty easy to understand, and they are cute," said Kanatas Siritassanakul.
The six travelers are here for another week.19997094
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure