LA CROSSE, Wis. - Elementary students get an education in a far east culture.
Exchange students from Thailand are staying with host families in La Crosse. They stopped by North Woods Elementary School Thursday to tell the kids about their country and culture.
They talked about everything from festivals to dance to food and even massages.
They've given about 20 presentations since coming to La Crosse.
One of them says he likes talking with our younger students the best. "Communicating with little children is very nice, they don't speak that complex words and they're pretty easy to understand, and they are cute," said Kanatas Siritassanakul.
The six travelers are here for another week.19997094
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore